Laura Park is one of our volunteer Satellite School teachers. She has mainly taken care of our older students, but she is also great with the younger ones. This year, she will take a leadership position in Satellite School, as one of the project heads.
I am most passionate about what makes me happy or gives a sense of enlightenment.
2. What are your goals in life?
I guess my main goal in life is to be happy by doing the things that matter to me the most like improving my skills, making other people happy and etc.
3. How did you come to know about Lifeline and how did you end up volunteering with us?
I learned about Lifeline through Jiny [one of our Satellite School teachers] and I volunteered first to fill up my college applications but then I started volunteering just because I like seeing how my students in Satellite School improved.
I’m actually a really shy person but I’m terribly choleric because I get a sense of englightenment when I finish something with quality. I’m not an extraordinary person and I prefer to stay home most of the time but Satellite School seems to be the exception.
5. Did you have any key mentors or people who deeply influenced who you are, what you believe in and what you’re committed to in your work and life?
I do not really have a key mentor in my life because none of the people I go to give me the advice that I really need but I have to say that meeting different people from various backgrounds and having a family that has a lot of expectations for me made me who I am today.
6. Did you have any life-changing experiences that put you on the path that led you to be doing what you’re doing today?
I guess knowing how it is like to feel helpless at times led me to do what I do today especially because the kids in Satellite School have very limited educational resources and this made me relate how bad I feel when I’m stagnated from achieving my ambitions.
7. Describe your experiences working with Lifeline.
8. Would you like to add some words?
I really wish to help the students and the organization to grow as much as I can within the limited time I have before I go back to Korea for college.